Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Crafting Goals

I feel like I should give everyone a little bit of insight into the kinds of crafts I hope to someday have mastered.  My Pinterest board is an insane look into my (possibly skewed) sense of my personal crafting ability (because all you really need is a quick online tutorial, and you can totally be a crafting god/goddess!).  This is an opportunity to get real with myself about which crafting projects I will really try to tackle.  And, so I don't procrastinate, which I may or may not have issues with (ok, I do), I will even set a timeline.  

In the next year, I will specifically work to gain a working knowledge of the following craft categories:


  • Sewing (with the sewing machine I begged my parents for last Christmas; yes, I'm in my thirties and yes, I truly begged my parents like a ten year old for this machine)
  • Crocheting (with three kiddos under 4, it really seems like a missed opportunity not to know how to do this)
  • Accessories (specifically, accessories for the girlies.  Headbands, DIY bows & flower clips, jewelry, etc.)
  • Special Occasion Crafts (Ok, I know this is a bit broad, but I love pinning holiday decorations & recipes.  So, I might as well detail how that really goes for someone who isn't all that crafty. Plus, who knows when I will come across an adorable project I can't resist - I already have a Mod Podge project in mind to attempt and share with you.)
So there you have it.  My craft goals for the next year.  See? I have a plan.  I hear that's the first step to successful crafting; that, and glowing & totally unfounded optimism! I can so do these.




Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment